“Home is where the Heart Lies” – is a very old adage that describes the real importance and significance of a caring home! However, it is quite interesting to comprehend the fact that our home would define our hale and hearty nature. Health begins from the Home! This is why you should maintain a clean home at all times. The moment you work towards personal and environmental hygiene, you will witness a massive change in your health. This is a statement declared by doctors, fitness enthusiasts and home organizers. You will be surprised to know that small particles like fungi can ruin your wellness extensively. And, in this article, you will read about the health issues caused by mold. We obtained most of the information from the Black mold Removal Report
Well Known Health Problems
Mold is a fungus that grows well in damp environments. You will find mold in places that retain moisture. Unfortunately, even a nominal amount of moisture is sufficient for the fungi to grow rapidly. As the amount of mold in the atmosphere increases, you will come across the following health issues:
- Mold induces throat irritation. This is common symptom found in little kids and youngsters.
- Young or old, mold causes phlegm build up and chronic coughing.
- If you are a heart patient, mold will force you to go through tough health conditions like shortness of breath and wheezing.
- Symptoms of asthma will become stronger, when you live in the midst of mold.
- Finally, mold triggers many allergic reactions. From skin allergy to eye irritation to nasal blocks, mold has the power to ruin your overall health.
How to handle mold oriented health issues?
In case you figure out the presence of mold-related health issues in your family, you should talk to a doctor as quickly as possible. The vigor and impact of these health problems will differ from person to person. According to trained physicians, elders and young kids with weak immune systems are more likely to be affected by mold related health issues. For instance, if you have respiratory problems, you will undeniably face the consequences of asthma and shortness of breath.
How to eradicate mold?
So, do you wish to save yourself from the health issues caused by mold? If yes, you must stick onto the following routines. Before you engage in these routines, remember to wear a good breathing mask, rubber gloves and safety goggles. Here are five different strategies that will help you eradicate the presence of mold from your house.
- First of all, start small! Take a very small area in your house and wipe it dry!
- Now, prepare a bucket of water, mixed with detergent and baking soda. The mixture would kill fungi and other microbes.
- Clean the surface affected by mold, with the solution prepared in step 2!
- Finally, use a damp rag and clean sponge to dry the surface clean.
The process of clearing household mold will take lots of time and effort. Thus, it is wise to hire a skilled and trained professional for the entire chore.