Indoor bike trainers, pieces of equipment which allow you to cycle your way to fitness indoors, is fast becoming one of the most preferred exercise tools for many people the world over. This tool simulates cycling in outdoor environment but you do not need to move anywhere. You can exercise from the comforts of your own apartment, house or condo. Even when the weather gets too cold to move outside, you will not have to fear missing out on your workouts and can stay in shape no matter what happens outside.
Types of Bike Trainer Equipment
When you are looking for the best bike trainer equipment, there are two kinds that you can choose from – mechanical resistance trainers and resistance cycle trainers. The latter one is more preferable and you can choose from three main styles for yourself:
- Magnetic bike trainers – These come with adjustable magnets and you can enjoy a noiseless ride as the motion of the wheels is limited.
- Wind trainers – These can be quite noisy and these are fitted with a fan which offer only low resistance levels.
- Fluid trainers – These offer a smooth ride as they come with turbines having a silicon fluid-filled casing and offering non-slip resistance to users. But these are more expensive than the other types of trainers you can find in the market.
- There is an interesting picture on wiki of a bike trainer.
Advantages of a Bike Trainer
These trainers can offer you the following advantages:
- Training for cycling – Whether you are a pro cyclist or an amateur one, you can use these to train on season as well as off season. This equipment is mobile and you can use it easily in your house as well as hotel room or about anywhere you can fit it. These are perfect to keep your body in shape and train particular areas of your body.
- Staying healthy – These offer you a perfect way to stay healthy. If you do not like to go to the gym or jog every morning or cycle on the road, this simple indoor trainer will help you to work out as well as stay motivated and healthy. You may set the equipment before a TV to keep yourself entertained and keep your mind engaged while your body works hard to lose the unwanted pounds. You will also be able to get specialized DVDs which offer particular workouts ranging from moderate to intense in nature.
- Losing Weight – Other than keeping fit, you can also lose some real sweat with these machines and lose weight and calories in an effective manner. Given the fact the trainer comes with a resistance mechanism, you will be able to adjust the resistance amount to give yourself a more intense workout. You can slowly progress from moderate to more and more intense with time and build your fitness levels.
You can get these trainers in a wide range, which begin from as low as $150 and can go to as high as $2,000 for the extremely advanced and functional ones.